- Breasted Doves,
breast plate attached
- Maple-cured Bacon
- Several Small to Medium Potatoes
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Carrots/Bell Pepper (optional)
- Wrap dove breasts with a slice of bacon and place a layer of wrapped dove breast on the bottom of a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves very finely and mix well.
- Core the potatoes and fill the core with the onion-garlic mixture, plugging each end of the core with small pieces of potato and then place a layer of potatoes over the layer of doves.
- Repeat process, layering doves and then potatoes until the cooker is filled.
- Add a chunk or two of carrots and bell pepper, mainly for color.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Watch closely so the doves don’t overcook and fall completely apart.
- Serve with rice.